Blog Design & Branding | StyleMachine




Logo & Branding for StyleMachineBlog.com by Rive Gauche CraftMood Board for StyleMachineBlog.com Branding by Rive Gauche CraftBranding for StyleMachineBlog.com by Rive Gauche Craft


Why, hello, StyleMachine, what a fresh new face you have! 

The re-vamping of my blog, StyleMachine, is one of my latest design projects.  Alas, over the course of its short life, the blog's design has gone through many incarnations.  While it masquerades as my "style and fashion" blog, it's secretly been a sort of testing ground for finding my graphic/web design footing, and discovering my personal aesthetic.  

My goal here was to create a design that reflected StyleMachine's relationship to Rive Gauche Craft (since they are sister brands that work together, separately), but in a way that would allow it to retain a distinct identity.  

The epiphany came when I started playing around with watercolor paint drippings, a personal fave technique, and textures for Rive Gauche Craft.  (Oh yes, RGC is getting a little branding re-vamp too, but more on that later)  While the two brands have very different color stories, I tied them together by using similar watercolor elements in black for each.


Your turn.  What do you think about the updated design?  
Do your eyes feel refreshed and invigorated when you gaze upon the new StyleMachine?    


P.S.  The rumors are true...  I'm now offering custom blog and web design!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the updated design. Fresh, clean + simple w. a dash of luxury elegance. Love your design aesthetics.

    Laura
    TheNativeNewYawker.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thanks lady! (LOVE your sense of design too)

      xo

      Delete

Share your thoughts! ♥